Welcome to the LAKE SUPERIOR FREETHINKERS


PLEASE JOIN US!   We meet on the first Sunday of each month in downtown Duluth at the Radisson Hotel (Location Map)
            Socializing begins at 9:00 am.
            Optional breakfast buffet at 9:30 am.
            Presentation from 10:00 until about 11:30.

MONTHLY SPEAKER & TOPIC INFO IS TO THE RIGHT
            Co-Host: David Broman - (218) 349-7455
            Co-Host: Jim Lyttle - (218) 464-1652
             Videographer - Jan Resberg


ADMISSION TO LSF EVENTS IS ALWAYS FREE AND OPEN TO THE PUBLIC

Who Is Bill Van Druten

Many of our members were able to meet last Wednesday at Sara's Table and along with delightful discussion, also got to view a couple great videos.

One video was "Bill Van Druten in his own words". Those who were unable to attend Wednesday's meeting can now watch the video in which the incomparable Bill Van Druten, founder of the Lake Superior Freethinkers, talks about his life, upbringing, as well as religion and non-religion.

Part 1


Part 2

2 comments:

  1. It has been refreshing to find there is a group like the Freethinkers in the area.I moved here from the Chicago area almost 4 years ago.I'm a 57 year old woman and my husbands daughter lives here on the iron range.I found a job to break the boredom and have mentioned my non-religous feelings to coworkers.At home there were alot more people like myself or ones that did'nt find it to be a problem.Most of the ladies just don't mention the fact that I'm an atheist but one coworker sends me emails about religion and what might happen to me without it.After watching Bills tape I laughed because alot what he said could have been me talking.Wish you were closer,I'd love to join in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the guy in the video is extremely thoughtful and I wish I could be just like him only a great deal more handsome.

    Bill van Druten

    ReplyDelete