In the talk he addressed:
- The history of our attitude about death and the influence of religions on it
- Under what circumstances should one consider hastening the end of life
- Illnesses that are commonly referred to his organisation.
- Methods recommended and why
- The difference between "hastened death"and "assisted suicide"
- What plans to make now, even tho death may be far off in the future
- What is the status of the Right to Die movement in the U.S. and the rest of the world
- Why this is a new civil right that we have to fight for
- Case examples where hastened death has been appropriately used
You can find more information about the Final Exit Network on their website.
This has been a great talk which highlights the importance of honest considerations and frank conversations about end of life planning. As always we look forward to your thoughts in the comments below.